10 Mental Mistakes Athletes Make
September 21, 2017
1. Giving their opponent more credit than he/she deserves.
2. Not going to bed earlier two nights before a competition.
3. Thinking they are better than they are when they win.
4. Thinking they are worse than they are when they lose.
5. Not regularly practicing and applying slow deep breathing.
6. Not listening to relaxing piano music hours prior to competing.
7. Devaluing the importance of rest and recovery time.
8. Thinking that playing video games is quality resting time.
9. Not taking enough self responsibility for poor performance.
10. Believing that success in sports will bring them ultimate fulfillment.
Bonus: Failing to realize how you practice is how you play.