10 Things Kids Want Their Youth Coach to Know
July 05, 2018
1. It's not about you.
2. We are here mostly because we like being with our friends.
3. We wish more parents would volunteer to help you coach us.
4. All of our teammates deserve to play a lot in every game.
5. We play better when you say encouraging things to us.
6. We know kids get favoritism because you're friends with their parents.
7. When you're mad during games you often take the fun out of playing.
8. Winning is not as important to us as having fun playing the game.
9. We like it when you ask us about things outside of our sport.
10. If you weren't here we might not even have a team, so 'thank you'.